The Want Of You

One of my favourite poems. It inspires me when I need to write something angsty :)

The Want Of You

The want of you is like no other
It smites my soul with sudden sickness
It binds my being with a wreath of rue
This want of you

It flashes on me with the waking sun
It creeps upon me when the day is done
It hammers at my heart the whole night through
This want of you

It sighs within me with the misting skies
Oh, all the day within my heart it cries
Old as your absence, each moment new-
This want of you

Mad with demand and aching with despair
It leaps within my heart and you are-where?
God has forgotten or He never knew-
This want of you


Ivan Leonard Wright

Comments

Oh wow! I can now leave a comment! This is a lovely poem. I also totally enjoy your posts!
Stacey Espino said…
Thanks, Julia!
I've had this poem in my trunk since I was a teenager.
A friend recently told me how to change the settings to allow comments.
Finally, lol.