Thursday, April 8, 2010

Guest Blogger: Author JENIKA SNOW




Welcome to author, Jenika Snow!

Her current Siren-Bookstrand release, The Chosen, is available now.

BUY HERE

Heat Rating: SCORCHING

Blurb: Aleksei is feared by all who cross paths with him. He is the great ruler of a race of immortal vampires known as the Blood Breed. Setting eyes on Lana for the first time sets off unquenchable desires that Aleksei has never experienced in his existence.

One night out leads to a destiny that will forever change Lana's life. It was an immediate attraction to Aleskei, feelings so strong they left her body on fire, so intense she didn’t know if it was real.

When an age old prophecy brings Lana and Aleksei together, nothing can stop the unbreakable bond that weaves itself into their lives, and when an unseen predator threatens to take away Lana, Aleksei will stop at nothing to destroy all who stand in his way from making Lana his.


Let's get to know, Author Jenika Snow...


1) I notice that most of your books have a paranormal element. What is it about the paranormal that attracts you?

I have always loved anything with a paranormal element. Since I first saw "Interview with the Vampire" I have been hooked on vampires. For me, vampires represent a dark desire, a way to explore something that is a mysetry. The very idea that there is a creature out there so powerful and strong, a being that can crush you with no more than a thought just seems amazing. Not so much in an erotic way or anything like that, just more so fascinating and almost beautiful in a etheral way. I don't know, I guess it's just always something that has interested me.

2) What do you find the most difficult when writing a book?

The most difficult? Well, I have to say the middle of a story. For me, it's really simple to start the book, the ideas just kind of flow through my brain and I type away. Even if I know how I want a story to go, the characters sometimes lead me in a whole different direction and screws up the story...lol. As I'm writing the middle of the story, things tend to change and I am at a stand still. At that point I usually have just stop the story for awhile until everything seems clear to me again. This is when I usually start another book and it really does help be get back to the previous story with a clear head.

3) What do you think makes a great sex scene?

The chemestry between the two characters. If the emotions aren't there then the sex just won't be memorable. At least that's what I think anyways. When I write a sex scene, I know that the two participating people involved need to be connected in a way. They have to know what each other is thinking, how they are feeling, and what they expect. You don't necessarily need to have love for a sex scene to work, but you most definitly have to have emotions involved.

4) Do you have a favorite book that you've written? Why?

Yes. "The Darkest Pleasure", which will be published with Total-E-Bound in August so far is my favorite book I have written. It is about a woman that picks up her life and moves to a small town. She has a horrid past, one she isn't sure she will ever be able to move on from. It isn't until she meets Kerian, a man that has more secrets and an even worse past then she could ever imagine. This story is close to my heart because it is a tale of how two people from totally different worlds that come together and find solice with each other.

5) What are you working on now and what can we expect from you in the near future?

Right now I am working on the second story in the Blood Breed series, and some short BDSM stories. I have several books already completed, and one of them is an M/M/F story which is my first venture into M/M erotica. My next story to be released is a M/F/M werewolf short story called, "Feral Cravings." It will be part of the lust bites series with Total-E-Bound and is my first story as an author writing a menage. That will be released in July of this year. After that I have two stories coming out in August, one from Siren Publishing called "Temptation Unveiled" which is the second story in the Dimi of the Seven Moons series, and "The Darkest Pleasure" which is a vampire story. All my stories are erotic.

Thank you for being a guest on my blog today, Jenika! It looks like we are going to be seeing a lot of your work in the future and I look forward to it!

Other books by Jenika Snow:




Visit Jenika's Website








If you'd like to be a guest author blogger, please email me:
staceyespino@hotmail.com

2 comments:

Julia Rachel Barrett said...

You are one very busy writer! Really interesting interview and body of work!

Jenika Snow said...

Thanks Julia for your comment. I try to stay busy with things I like to do :-)

Jenika

Related Posts with Thumbnails