Guest Blogger: Author JENNIFER SALAIZ


Welcome to author, Jennifer Salaiz!

Her newest release, Engaging Evelyn, is on sale now at Siren-Bookstrand Publishing.


BUY HERE

Heat Rating: Scorching

Blurb: Determined to overcome her broken heart, Evelyn devises the game Bets. She’s sure that if she stays distracted by good looking men, her problems will go away. But what she doesn’t expect is the persistent, gorgeous Brandon conveniently appearing everywhere she turns.

Brandon moves into the resort style condo prepared to make Evelyn fall in love with him. The last thing he expects is the ex fiancé showing up and complicating things. On a mission to make Evelyn pay, Brandon’s not willing to let anything get in his way. Even if that means submitting to the feelings he’s truly beginning to feel for her.

Let's get to know Author, Jennifer Salaiz...

Engaging Evelyn is the first in the Blissful Bets series. When can we expect the next book and how many do you plan for the series?

The next book in the Blissful Bets series is titled Saving Sarah. From the looks of things, I'm predicting the release will be toward the middle to the end of May. I'm so excited about this one. From the very beginning I've always had big plans for Sarah. Her story is one that will pull at your heart. I know it did mine. This was the first book I've ever cried while writing. And let me tell you, I cried my eyes out. When I finished, I think I cried even more. Letting go tore me to pieces, lol.

As for the total number, I look at it like this: As long as the readers want more, I'll give it to them. :)

2) What made you decide to write Ménage romance as opposed to other sub-genres of erotica?

Well, I'll be perfectly honest...it was the characters ideas, not mine! No, I'm just playing and yet, I'm not. When writing Passion Projected, it wasn't meant to be a ménage or even polygamous, but once the story took on a life of its own, things just happened. After I experienced writing ménage, I couldn't get enough. I was enthralled knowing that I didn't have to follow the typical, one man, one woman, happily ever after.


3) How do you deal with haters that may judge you for writing erotic romance?

Luckily, I haven't run into any of those yet. So far, my family and friends have been very supportive on what my books contain, and what genre they're listed under. I'm not really sure how I'd react if someone did hate on my work. I understand everyone is entitled to their own opinions and theirs might not favor what I like. I'm okay with that.

4) What do you feel is important when creating a heroine?

Oh, wow. Well, everyone, I assume, loves a strong female. Who doesn't? But I tend to like my heroines more emotional than most. Getting into their heads is my favorite part of writing about them. If they're nervous or upset in any given situation, you can bet I'm going to let the readers know about it. My own mind is constantly going a million miles a minutes with something new bumping in every few thoughts. I'm assuming I'm not the only one, so I like my characters to be as real as possible. I want the readers in their heads just as much as I am.

5) What are you working on now and what can we expect from you in the future?

Projected Pleasure, the sequel to Passion Projected, is due to release toward the end of April and I can't wait! Right now I'm working on four different stories. I'm editing the third Blissful Bets book, writing Kylie's story from Passion Projected and the sequel, working on a historical ménage, and....*takes a deep breath* I'm writing a paranormal erotica with one of my friends, Amanda. Wow, and actually, I have a ton of unfinished stories I'm dying to work on.

I can say, for the first time I'm not writing a paranormal. The historical ménage I'm working on is about halfway through and although it's a lot harder than I imagined, The Pleasure of Lies is coming along beautifully. Historical has always been my passion so it's been amazing to be able to see this story develop in front of me. Because like with all my stories, I never know what's going to happen or how they're going to end until I'm typing it out. As much as I've tried to plan stories out, they never work. Never. So, I find the best way for me is to just go with it. The way everything fits together like a puzzle amazes me every time! I love it.

Well, thank you so much for allowing me to be a guest on your blog, Stacey. It's been a pleasure answering these questions. I look forward to your own up and coming release. :) Again, thank you!


Thank you for joining my blog today, Jenn! I just loved Engaging Evelyn and can't wait for your next creation!

Other books by Jennifer Salaiz:



Visit Jennifer's Website

Visit Jennifer's Blog










If you'd like to be a guest author blogger, please email me:
staceyespino@hotmail.com




Comments

Anonymous said…
Jennifer, I was wondering if you could give us some hints for what's going to happen in Projected pleasure? Please.. ;)
Jennifer Salaiz said…
Absolutely! :)

Well, let's just say that Cole finally finds his mate. He's always held my heart and I couldn't let him go without finding his love.

This book so a lot different than Passion Projected. There's a lot more action AND projection. I was truly blown away by how this book came out and I really hope everyone enjoys this story.
Anonymous said…
Well I can honestly say that if the characters are anything like the first one I wont be disappointed!
Jennifer Salaiz said…
Thank you! You have no idea how much that means to me. I'm so glad you liked it. :)
Beth D. Carter said…
Hi Jennifer! I love your covers! They draw my eye and make me want to crack the cover to read what they're about. Thanks so much for blogging and sharing with us!
Jennifer Salaiz said…
Thank you ,Beth! I'm glad Stacey gave me the opportunity. I love being able to connect with the readers. It was my pleasure.

Jinger does an amazing job with the covers. I love the woman. She's not only a great artist, but a great friend. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Evernight's 5th Birthday Blog Celebration!

Evernight's Holiday Hangover Hop

Evernight Celebrates 4 Years of Publishing!