Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Welcome Guest Blogger: Author RACHEL CLARK




WELCOME to Author Rachel Clark!

Check out her many releases and purchase them HERE.













Here's a blurb from Tee Ani's Pirates, Rachel's up and coming release:

[Erotic Futuristic Sci-fi Ménage a Trois Romance, M/F/M]
Ben and Trey can't believe they've finally found the mate they want to commit their lives to. Only one problem—she's human and human's usually mate in pairs. Will the woman they love more each moment be willing to try love the G'trobian way?




Let's get to know, Rachel...

1) You're upcoming release, Tee-ani's Pirates, is a sequel. Did you plan to write more than one book and will there be more?

When I begin writing a story I'm concentrating on the storyline and the characters but somewhere along the way a character will pop up and I find myself thinking about a sequel. I already had Ben and Trey (G'trobian twin brothers) in my head when Tee-ani came on board the pirate ship. Their story almost wrote itself after that. :o) I'm about half way through the sequel to Tee-ani's Pirates, but I can't tell you who it's about because that will spoil the storyline of Tee-ani's Pirates. *grins* I've been distracted with edits lately but plan to get the third story finished very soon. I love my pirates. They're all yummy, over-protective hero types falling for women who can take care of themselves but will love them anyway.

2) It's rare to see F/F erotic romance, even within a menage. Why do you think this is?

I'm really not sure. When I started reading menages I wondered why there weren't many FFM's and in most of those the FF scenes seemed to be just an experience and not actually part of the happily ever after. I'm an old fashioned romantic so when my characters fall into bed it's because they are emotionally attracted to each other (even if the haven't realized it yet.)
I'd love to see more FFM's with a happily ever after on the market. It's a rather lonely genre.

3) Do you have a favorite book that you've written? Why?

"Sarah's Pirate" is my favorite story. (Ironically it's my only MF and non-menage book in existence LOL) Sarah is an experienced inter-planetary courier with an interesting background and Jordan is the man trying to protect her from the pirates, the bad guys, her own temper... I also love "Tee-ani's Pirates" Ben and Trey come from a planet with very different cultural ideas so it took them a while to realize that Tee-ani can not only take care of herself, but love them both equally.

4) How important do you think emotion is when writing a romance, whether it be m/f, f/f, m/m or menage? Is it important to get into the character's heads?

I think so. Romance to me, even erotic romance, is about the emotion. If we can get into each character's head and understand their thoughts we feel closer to them and far more satisfied when they get their happily ever after.

5) What are you working on now and what can we expect from you in the future?

At the moment, the sequel to Tee-ani's Pirates is at the front of my mind, but I do have an FFM sci-fi started that already is building in my head to an MMF sequel. I also have another MFM series started. Originally it was going to be my 'young adult' project but the characters just wouldn't behave themselves so I had to change their ages and add an older brother... LOL




Visit Rachel's Website

Find Rachel on Twitter







Thank you for blogging today, Rachel! Your pirates sound sexy and naughty...therefore a must read!

If you'd like to be a Guest Author Blogger, contact me: staceyespino@hotmail.com

2 comments:

GPS said...

Great interview! Sarah's Pirates sounds like my kind of book. I'm definitely into the emotional side of the story. I hadn't thought about it but FFM books are rare. Although MMF are very popular I think there's definitely a large untapped market there.

Beth D. Carter said...

Thanks for the interview! When I first read the blurb for No Use By Date for Love I thought it was a fresh, wonderful idea! And I adore pirates and space journeys...so Tee Ani's Pirates sounds awesome! Thanks so much, Rachel!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails