Welcome Guest Blogger: Author Christa Tomlinson

Welcome Author Christa Tomlinson!

Her website is currently under construction, but you can email her here: christatomlinson@yahoo.com

Purchase her book HERE

Blurb from Martini Seduction:

[Siren Allure: Erotic Contemporary Romance, BDSM, F/F play, Multiple Partners, Public Exhibition, Sex Toys]


Heather Marceau is ready to show the world that she is not a wallflower. To prove it, she takes a job in an upscale martini lounge. Then one night in walks a gorgeous guest who doesn’t want anyone but Heather to serve him. Heather is instantly attracted to the tall blonde stranger who seeks her out at the end of her shift. With his lips hot against hers and his fingers doing wicked things under her skirt, Heather helplessly gives in to his command to go home with him. To her surprise, he introduces her to the seductive world of submission and Domination.


Ethan takes one look at the dark haired hostess with her innocent eyes and lush curves and is determined to claim her. He will put his mark on her as her Dom, because whether she realizes it or not she’s about to submit to his Martini Seduction.



Let's get to know, Christa!


1.) Did you have to do a lot of research regarding the world of BDSM when writing, Martini Seduction?


Yes I would say that I had to do a lot of research. Martini Seduction is my first novel so I had to start by doing all the research necessary on writing an erotica novel. Besides that I had to do research on the history of martinis, gin choices, and of course bdsm. I did a lot of on-line research, but I also went to several local bdsm meetings. Just sitting and listening to the conversations and lectures or watching the way that Doms and subs interacted was very helpful. It helped me to grasp the emotional side of this type of relationship, rather than just the physical. Of course not all of this information made it into the story. I remember reading that for all the research a writer does for her story only a small percentage actually makes it into the book. And this is so true! I was a little disappointed at all the interesting bdsm and martini facts I had to cut out. But my friend very bluntly told me, "I don't really care about the recipe for a martini. I can read that in a bartender's guide!" So the lesson learned was gather as much info as possible so that I can write with confident knowledge, but with the expectation that the majority of that info will never leave my index cards.


2.) In your opinion, how important is a 'happily ever after' in erotic romance?

I think some sort of happy ending is very important. However, I think a Happy for Now ending is acceptable, especially in contemporary romance. I know I don't want to read an erotic romance where the characters go their separate ways on the last page. That doesn't give me that emotionally satisfied feeling that I love. I want to know that the couple have strong feelings for each other and are going to enjoy a relationship after The End. But I don't feel cheated or disappointed if they don't walk down the aisle or even mention marriage. I think the beauty of erotic romance is that it is much more realistic of real-life relationships and this is reflected in the number of stories with Happy for Now endings rather than Happily Ever After. Because let's face it, while we might have a great relationship with an awesome person that doesn't mean it's going to lead to marriage.


3.) Do you plan to write in any sub-genres of romance other than BDSM?

Yes I do! I have several story ideas for interracial contemporaries and interracial historicals. I have so many ideas that I have a spreadsheet to keep track of them all.


4.) What is your writing schedule like? Do you take time each day to write?

Well I wish I could say that I have a set time to write everyday. But as a new author with a career and other responsibilities, I'm still trying to find my routine. So right now my writing is much more sporadic than I like. But my goal for the near future is to create a schedule where I have time to write on a regular basis several times a week and take care of everything else in my life. A personal assistant would definitely help with this but I hear they don't work for free.


5.) What are you working on now and what can we expect from you in the future?

Right now I'm working on an African-American contemporary erotic romance. The heroine is going through a bit of a rebellious stage and isn't interested in dating a buttoned up executive type. She'll be pleasantly surprised when she discovers the man beneath the pinstripes. In the future I plan to focus on writing multicultural erotica. I think this is a great time in our world where all types of relationships are becoming acceptable. And I hope to win readers who are as eager to see these relationships unfold as I am to write them!


Thanks for blogging with me, Christa.  I love your cover art for Martini Seduction.  You put a lot of research and effort into this book and I loved it!  I personally recommend everyone to run and buy this book.  Even if you're just curious about the BDSM world, this is the perfect place to start.

Join Christa's Facebook Page, HERE

View the Trailer, HERE

If you'd like to be a Guest Author Blogger, email me: staceyespino@hotmail.com

Comments

Beth D. Carter said…
Thanks Christa for the blog! I was fascinated to read that you were able to sit in on BDSM meetings to learn. Your book sounds way sexy and I love the cover! The martini glass's reflection of light really captures the couple. Congrats!
Stacey said…
Beth, she has more nerve than me. I'd never be able to sit in on a meeting. Now that's dedication to the craft!
Stacey thanks for the opportunity to post on your awesome blog!

As for sitting in on the meetings, it definitely took me awhile to work up my nerve and go. I had no clue what to expect! But the meetings are held in public restaurants so no one tried to chain me up and whip me. But seriously the people were all really nice and open to discussion. I figured that if crime writers can go on ride-a-longs to be authentic, the least I could do was have lunch with a bdsm group. And I have plans to get out there and explore reggae clubs for my next book!