Welcome Guest Blogger: Author Beth D. Carter

Welcome, Author Beth D. Carter!



Find her books HERE



Blurb from: Spirals

Kaori Carnelian was only sixteen when Los Angeles was hit by an earthquake that devastated it. With the world trying to recover from a plague that has wiped out half of the population, she learns how to survive by her wits and a great ability to hide, scavenging through what is left of LA.



Years later, the government sends in recon men Sergeants Tobias Noble and Orion West to find any survivors before another earthquake destroys everything. They find her pleasuring herself with a dummy-made boyfriend, and instantly both want her.


They spiral her world out of control in a very delicious way. But when the men have to go find two others in their regiment that are missing, Kaori has to decide if her love outweighs her instinct for surviving.



Let's get to know, Beth...


1.) Spirals has been getting rave reviews! Did you originally intend for it to be a series? Will additional books start in the same time period as the first book, or carry on where it left off? When can we expect the next edition?

I’m so thrilled that people have embraced Spirals! When I started writing it, I had no idea that the other men of the 281 would want their story told, but as it progressed my mind started fleshing out the other characters. The other two books will be set at the same time, revolving around the same circumstances, but from the different perspective of each team. I’m hoping to submit Kismet to my publisher by the end of July.


2.) What brought you from the world of M/F romance, into menage? Was it easier or more difficult to write than you expected?

I’ve not totally given up M/F romance! But I love reading ménage and I want to be the type of writer that pushes myself creatively. I also want to keep my readers on their toes, so they never know what to expect. My worst fear is that my stories will stagnate and readers will become disappointed with me.


3.) I'm your biggest fan. Seriously! Tell me, was it difficult to write in first person, present tense? You pulled it off brilliantly. Are all your novels written in the same manner?

Thanks so much, Stacey! I had been told no one wants to read an erotica in first person present tense, so I’m very thankful I found an editor at Loose Id who supported the story. Personally, I love reading first person narrative, and the world I set Spirals in demanded it. It was extremely difficult, especially when the editing of it came around, to distinguish when to keep in the present and when to slip into past tense as needed.

This is the only book I’ve written like this. My first book, Black Leather Pants, has the POV from the heroine, Penny, and my third, An Innocent Heart, switches between the hero and heroine. And it’s funny because AIH was actually the first book I ever wrote and I think the writing reflects that. I’m very critical of my own stuff.


4.) With a little one running around, when do you find time to write? Do you make yourself write every day?

I don’t make myself write everyday. But I make myself think of my stories everyday, and I constantly jot down notes. I usually wake up way early to either give myself some me-time or to write. Hadrian (my son) is at the point now where he is starting to entertain himself, so writing is becoming a lot easier.


5.) What are you working on now and what can we expect from you in the future?

As I said earlier, I’m almost finished with Kismet, the sequel to Spirals. Also, I’ve almost completed an M/F contemporary erotica novella, something short and sweet, titled A Man After Midnight. And then I have several ideas to swing by my editor, which I’m excited to do. My favorite part of writing is creating the characters.

On November 6th, I’ll be at a luncheon featuring Sherrilyn Kenyon at the Crowne Plaza in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. I’m excited, it’s my first book signing! Please email me if you have any questions about it!

I want to express my sincere thanks, Stacey, for featuring me on your blog. I love reading it, you ask some great questions!


Check out Beth's other books:


Visit Beth D. Carter's WEBSITE

Email her at: beth@bethdcarter.com
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Thank you for being on my blog today, Beth!  I LOVED Spirals and hope everyone reads it at some point because it's a journey well worth taking.  You're a very talented author!
Can't wait for the next edition, Kismet.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
If you'd likeo be a Guest Author Blogger, contact me: staceyespino@hotmail.com

Comments

To be honest, I think first person POV is so hard to write! I know many authors claim it's easier, but for me third person is waaaay easier! I love the concept of this book - anything post-apocalyptic, sci-fi-ish, fantasy works for me!
Danica said…
I've tried and tried to write in first person, but I start feeling...conceited? I don't know what the word I'm looking for is, but it feels weird to me. I can read it, but I can't write it to save my life.
Margaret Tanner said…
Great interview.
I only wish I could write 1st person stories, but I just can't. Of course, I envy those who can.

Cheers
Margaret

Popular posts from this blog

Evernight's 5th Birthday Blog Celebration!

Evernight's Holiday Hangover Hop

Evernight Celebrates 4 Years of Publishing!