Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Welcome Guest Blogger: Author Gale Stanley

Welcome, Author Gale Stanley!


Find her books HERE


Blurb from Call of the Wilds:

Veterinarian, Karin Stone, escapes the crime-ridden city for a quiet life in the Pennsylvania Wilds. Surrounded by acres of unspoiled forest she tends a pack of relocated wolves. But the wolves aren't the only endangered species in Black Wolf Gorge.

Wolf-shifter, Malcolm Connor, believes he's the last of his kind, left for dead by the same hunters who murdered his family. When he catches the scent of the new wildlife manager, he can't deny the attraction but he knows getting involved with a human woman will only lead to heartache.

The mutilated remains of a hiker are discovered and a black wolf is captured. Karin protects the quarantined wolf and the locals are angry. When Malcolm steps in to defend her, sparks fly. Karin loses her heart but can she convince the man she loves that they belong together. Or will a jealous rival tear them apart forever?




Let's get to know, Gale...


1.) Where did your love of wolves stem from?

The wolf is a misunderstood animal. In a lot of ways they're like us. In some ways they're better. Although they're powerful and predatory they live in a society where cooperation, commitment and communication is the norm. We can learn a lot from them. Besides the werewolf is the ultimate romantic hero, a complicated mix of tortured loner and alpha bad boy. It's a combination that's hard to resist.


2.) Your paranormal romance, Call of the Wilds, has been getting great reviews! Personally, I loved it and recommend it to everyone. Can you give us a hint of what we can expect in future novels from this series?

Thanks. You write some hot stories, I'm thrilled you like mine. Call of the Wilds actually started out as a standalone book. But as I got deeper into the plot, the supporting characters began to develop more complex storylines. They had dreams and desires of their own that went beyond the scope of Call of the Wilds. I started seeing them as the main characters in another book.

Yesterday I got the good news. Siren offered me a contract for my recently completed sequel Mating Call. It has some new characters as well as familiar ones and it's different in that it features a hot ménage storyline.


3.) You just got your Kindle. What do you think of the e-book revolution? Are e-books here to stay?

Once I got a Kindle in my hands there was no going back. It took me a long time to buy an ereader. I always loved the feel of a print book in my hands and I have a collection that has overrun my house. Until recently, I read e-books on my laptop even though it felt inconvenient and uncomfortable.

Last month I went to the beach with a heavy book bag and three pdfs on my laptop. I sat by the ocean and jealously watched a woman reading on her Kindle. My pdfs had to be read inside the condo because I couldn't slip my pc into a beach bag and carry it along with my chair, umbrella, and everything else I shlep around with me. I came home and ordered a Kindle. I love it! It's easy to use and easy on the eyes. I have a closetful of books to be read and I wish they were in electronic format. I don't see myself buying print books again.


4.) What's more difficult, writing sexual tension (which you are a master of, lol), or writing the actual sex scenes?

Thanks Stacey. I enjoy writing both but I think the actual sex scenes are more difficult. There are so many ways to keep the lovers apart. I can keep throwing obstacles in their path and build up the sexual tension but it's a challenge to keep the sex scenes fresh. If you don't make them unique they can start to sound like a how to book. Putting the characters in different settings is one way to change it up. And I think the characters' emotions play a big part. What they say, what they think and how they respond to each other adds a different dimension to each sex scene.


5.) What are you working on now and what can we expect from you in the future?

I started book three of the Black Wolf Gorge series, no title yet. It's hard to let go of these characters until all their stories are told. I'm also working on a contemporary M/M romance. And my writing group is working its way through The Weekend Novelist. We each started a new project at the beginning of the journey and mine is an urban fantasy.

I just want to say thank you for having me here today. You ask some great questions and I had fun answering them. And congrats on the new release Wednesday!


Visit Gale's WEBSITE

Visit Gale's AUTHOR PAGE


I loved having you on my blog, Gale!  Thanks for joining me today.  I can 100% recommend Call of the Wilds because it was a great read.  I also loved all your answers to my questions; you're a great writer, and a great friend.  I can't wait for more from you!


If you'd like to be a Guest Author Blogger, email me: staceyespino@hotmail.com

10 comments:

JP said...

Gale's book was a great read for me also, wonderful story, can't wait for the second book.
Love her writing style, creates an entire story setting and makes it come alive before you, refreshing.
Thanks.

Julia Rachel Barrett said...

Totally cool! I love wolves too! Your book will be moving up my TBR pile! Thanks!

Gale Stanley said...

Thanks for stopping by. So glad you love my wolves!

Jason said...

My wife just finished your book and raves about it. It has just moved up my TBR pile.

Gale Stanley said...

So glad your wife liked it! You should read it together like me and my better half. I had to say that in case he drops by. lol

Francisco said...

I picked up the book and couldn't put it down! What an excellent read this is! Can't wait for the next one

Kellyanne said...

So intriguing and well written...I didn't want it to end...looking forward to your next one!

Nicole Morgan said...

I love how this one sounds. I myself have never been able to take on the wolf or other more creative paranormal subjects. I am always impressed by someone who not only does but appears to have done it very well!

Sounds fantastic!

Gale Stanley said...

I just want to thank everyone who stopped by. It was fun. Thanks for having me Stacey.

ladybirdrobi said...

Gale,
I have added your book to my TBR mountain. I love wolves and will read any book but horror and dark fantasy with them in the starring role. So werewolves are also on my must read list. I look forward to checking out your Black Gorge wolves series. Thanks for sharing your talent with peeps like me who need books like yours to take them on journeys to new places and such.

Robin
Robbibird3@aol.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails