Welcome Guest Blogger:Author Mia Bailey

Welcome, Author Mia Bailey!


Find her books HERE


Blurb from Of Night and Desire

Richelle Sommers has inherited her mother’s magical gifts: empathic and telepathic, she can feel and hear the thoughts of others as well as speak with the beasts of nature. Raised in the mountains, she becomes a beautiful woman dedicated to saving her beloved wolves.



For centuries, Valya cel Mare has defended the innocent against the evil forces seeking to destroy them. One fateful day, he loses an innocent - a powerful psychic witch - and is left to protect her only child, Richelle from a cult of religious fanatics led by a demented old priest bent on using her powers to fight on the side of his ‘God’ and serve The Evil One, the most ancient and powerful of Vampyres.


Hunted by both man and monster, can Valya save Richelle from the religious fanatics and the Evil One, Luka cel Rau who plans to use her powers to enslave the World?


Let's get to know, Mia...


1.) You've written in multiple genres. Do you prefer writing contemporary or paranormal?

I really don't have a favorite - I've also written a medieval faery tale compilation, a haiku and poetry book and a non-fiction career development book - but I do like the endless possibilities of the paranormal genre.




2.) Where do you get your ideas?

To quote Shakespeare - “All the world’s a stage and all the men and women merely players: they have their exits and their entrances, and one man in his time plays many parts.” I draw on my experiences with the people, places and things around me.



3.) Do you think being an erotic romance author is more publicly accepted now, or do we have a long way to go?

I think there is still a negative connotation associated with being an erotic romance author but hope that the public will realize that these books, while being very graphic and literal, also display a deep emotional bond between lovers.



4.) Do you own an e-reader? Do you think e-books are the wave of the future?

I do own a Nook, and believe they are the wave of the future - for economical and ecological reasons. But there are still times I love to curl up by the fireplace on a winters night with my book in hand, a Chardonnay on my left and my man on my right.



5.) What are you working on now and what can we expect from you in the future?

I've got several projects in the works right now. I'm writing a sequel to my debut novel, Spicing It Up! , a contemporary romance set in a restaurant. I'm also working on a paranormal thriller based on a haunted house here in Michigan. I am also enrolled to complete my Masters in Counseling while working on a new non-fiction book on Career Development, primarily involving creating a career plan on becoming an author - go figure.


Other books my Mia:


Visit Mia Bailey's WEBSITE


Thanks for joining me Mia!  Looking forward to your new paranormal thriller!

Comments

This looks like a great book - I'm putting it in my TBR pile! Love the Shakespeare quote. It's kind of like - we are the dreamer dreaming the dream.