Welcome Guest Blogger: Author D.B. Reynolds

Welcome, Author D.B. Reynolds!


Find her books HERE


Blurb for Rajmund:

New York City vampire Rajmund Gregor is the undisputed master of The Big Apple. He bows to no one but his Sire, the Vampire Lord Krystof, who has ruled the Northeast for hundreds of years. But when Krystof summons Rajmund to his headquarters in Buffalo, Raj finds his master slowly descending into madness and his territory crumbling around him. Raj is the only one of Krystof's children strong enough to seize power, but he’ll have to save his master before he can destroy him. Several women have gone missing and the local police are convinced a vampire is behind it. Is Krystof so lost to reality that he’s capturing and murdering human women? Or is it something far more insidious, something that could threaten the existence of vampires everywhere?



Sarah Stratton is living a lie. Her past holds a secret she shares with no one—not even her good friend Cynthia Leighton, the West Coast vampire lord’s mate. It's a secret that could destroy her carefully constructed life as a professor at a Buffalo university. It’s also a secret that could save the lives of the missing women. To save them, however, she must enter Buffalo’s vampire community and put herself into the care of Rajmund Gregor. But can she trust Raj, the dangerously seductive vampire who wants to lay claim to far more than her secrets?


Let's get to know D.B...

1.) Tell us about your Vampires in America series. Will there be more books to come?


I wrote my books, because I didn't like what I saw happening to fictional vampires. They were becoming too civilized, too angst ridden about what they were. I didn't want a sensitive soul who was forced to drink blood. I wanted a vampire, the most powerful predator on the planet, aggressive and territorial, bloody and violent, someone who embraced what he was and used it to his own advantage. And that's who my Vampire Lords are. They're extremely powerful vampires who literally hold the power of life and death over every vampire living--and, yes, my vampires are alive. The current series has eight books, for the eight territories in North America. The binding thread of all eight books is Raphael, the most powerful vampire in North America and possibly the world. He controls the largest of the territories and as the series continues, his power and influence will grow. His lover/mate is Cynthia Leighton, a human woman who is beautiful, sexy and tough as nails -- a perfect match for Raphael. These two characters -- Raphael and Cyn -- are introduced in the first two books.


2.) I see a theme. What is it about paranormal romance that pulls you in?

I've been a fan of Science Fiction and Fantasy since high school, and, for me, paranormal romance is one more branch of that. I read straight fiction, too, but there's something about fantastic or speculative fiction that has always drawn me. I like the idea that there just might be something beyond the ordinary, something most of us don't even know is there. It expands our horizons in ways we can't foresee. So many of the technical advances we now take for granted were written into speculative fiction decades ago.


3.) Do you believe e-books are going to fade away or continue to grow in popularity?

E-books are here to stay. That market is getting bigger by the day. In fact, Amazon just released figures showing they actually sold more Kindle books than hardcovers in the last year, with the trend even stronger in the last month as the price of the Kindle reader has fallen. Paperbacks still outsell Kindle, but hardcovers in the last month were 180 Kindles for every 100 hardcovers. In the first five months of 2010, e-book sales were up 207 percent over last year. That's remarkable.

4.) What type of books do you like to read personally?

I read all sorts of books. Anything in the fantastic realm is my favorite. I read a lot of paranormal, but also science fiction, especially military science fiction. I also love romantic suspense, and suspense/thrillers in general. John Sandford and Scott Turow are among my favorite authors, along with Adrian Phoenix, Kresley Cole, Laura Griffin, Ilona Andrews, Nalini Singh and so many others. I'm a voracious reader!


5.) What are you working on now and what can we expect from you in the future?

Right now I'm working on Book 4 of my Vampires in America series. It's titled Sophia and introduces the first female Vampire Lord in North America. After that, I'll go directly into Book 5, which by popular demand will be Duncan's book. And while I'm finishing those, I'll be working out the story line for Book 6. I'm also really interested in starting a new series centered around demons and thinking about writing a second werewolf novel, too.


Other Books by D.B. Reynolds:

Visit D.B. Reynolds BLOG


Thanks for joining me today.  You do realize that I have to read your vampire series now!  Thanks for adding to my scary-huge TRP, lol. 
 
 
 
 
 

Comments

Wow! An awful lot of us are into science fiction and fantasy! I think it's very cool and the genre is making a comeback!
Dot S. said…
D.B. Reynolds is a favorite author of mine. I eagerly look forward to reading RAJMUND. RAPHAEL and JABRIL are awesome and on my keeper shelf to be reread. The action is top-notch and the romance is hot. Add a kick ass heroine and a dangerous hunky vampire....well, what more is there to say?
Always Abigail said…
I am putting this series on my Buy Now list. I look forward to reading all the books in the series

Popular posts from this blog

Evernight's 5th Birthday Blog Celebration!

Evernight's Holiday Hangover Hop

Evernight Celebrates 4 Years of Publishing!