Welcome Guest Blogger: Author Imari Jade

Welcome, Author Imari Jade!


Buy her books HERE


Blurb from Pharaoh:

Newly-crowned Pharaoh Khai I is coerced by his Grand Vizier Azar to find a bride, but Khai has more important things to do, like practicing for his upcoming coronation. Azar and Khai’s mother, Queen Hathor, takes the matter out of his hands and secretly sends out private invitations to the young available princesses in the world to come and dance for the new Pharaoh’s hand in marriage.



Khai learns of the invitations after the dancers have performed for him, and he has to admit that there were some delightful candidates. But he considered none of them as beautiful as Princess Zuri of Nubia, who refused to dance for him. Azar considers the refusal an insult to the kingdom and an embarrassment to the new Pharaoh, so in order to save face, Khai orders Zuri to return to the palace and dance for him at his birthday party.


Headstrong and fiercely independent, Zuri Bassey did not want to dance for Khai, because she refuses to be put on display just to appease a man's ego. Her mother learns of the refusal and insists that Zuri fix what she has broken. Zuri has never disobeyed her mother before, so she returns to Egypt to dance for Khai. How did she know that she would turn on not only Khai, but every man in the room, except the former Vizier who was old enough to be her grandfather?


Azar has loved Princess Zuri since they were kids, but unfortunately Zuri hated his guts. So many years has passed since he’d seen her that he had no idea that she had grown into such a lovely young woman. Had he known, he would not have sent out those invitations. All it took was one steamy look from the beautiful African princess to make him lose his mind. He had to have her in his bed, no matter what the cost. Was one night with her worth breaking a friendship bond he and Khai shared for years?


Let's get to know, Imari...


1. What is your favorite genre to write?

Erotic multi-cultural romance. I like writing about people from two completely different backgrounds and countries and pairing them together to see if they can overcome extreme obstacles.


2. You’ve published with a variety of publishers. Do you learn something different from each experience?

First of all I’ve learned that no two publishing companies are alike even though their guidelines are similar. Sometimes I’ve very enthusiastic about doing corrections for one editor and then I get another editor who works my nerves so bad I swear I’ll never submit anything else to that publisher. But then I realized that no two editorial viewpoints are the same and that the editors are trying their best to make your book that number one best seller. The biggest difference that I have found is that there are some companies that help promote their writers while there are others who leave promotion all up the author.


3. How do you come up with the names for your characters?

In the beginning I used a current edition of a baby naming book. Now I go straight to the internet to the popular name sites. I also use obituaries to get last names. I keep the character names in a database so I don’t reuse them. Every now and then I’ll use the name John or something like that for a minor character.


4. What do you think of the eBook revolution?

I love it. My novels are released much quicker now and eBook publishing is not only cost effective for the publishers but it also saves trees. Now that e-readers are becoming popular it opens up a new fan base for us. All they have to do is download a story instead of physically going to a bookstore to buy it. On the downside I get pretty pissed when I see one of my novels being sold by an illegal download site. It might be an easy way for them to earn money but these e-pirates don’t seem to care that they are taking money away from us that they haven’t earned. That is why I always inform my fans to buy directly from the publishers or from other reputable allies like Amazon.com, Fictionwise or Lulu. They can also purchase from my website which have direct links to my publishers.


5. What are you working on now and what can we expect from you in the future?

I’m currently working on an erotic romance set in Asia about a middle-aged writer experiencing the forty-year itch while on a promotional book tour in Tokyo. I don’t want to give much away but I’m having a ball doing the research. I’m watching Japanese and Korean videos and learning two new languages in the process. In the future you can expect to see a change in the type of heroes I write about. Macho, successful businessmen are fine but they’ve been done to death. The new crop of male characters is gorgeous, sexy and has no problem in the bedroom. The heroines aren’t prudes or innocents and they have no problem going after the men they want even though society says it isn’t appropriate. I think you’re going to like my upcoming books. They’re humorous and guaranteed to put you n the mood for romance. My next book is entitled, “On the Warpath,” and will be available from Sugar and Spice Press on September 18, 2010.


Other books by Imari Jade:


WEBSITE
FACEBOOK
FACEBOOK FANPAGE
MySPACE


Thanks for joining me, Imari!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Evernight's 5th Birthday Blog Celebration!

Evernight's Holiday Hangover Hop

Evernight Celebrates 4 Years of Publishing!