Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Guest Blogger: Author Ashlynn Monroe

Welcome, Author Ashlynn Monroe!


Find her book
HERE


COMING OCTOBER 6th!



Blurb:


In a history very different from our own, the Civil War rages on in Texas. Zeppelins fill the air, steam power vehicles battle horses for space on the roads and bodies lay strewn through the wreckage of the Sisters of the Merciful Truth Convent, innocent victims of a local turf war. Three sisters, raised in the convent, emerge from the horror to find their lives of family and devotion over, and their separate lives of crime about to begin.

 
In lawless times, where faith and love battle doubt and hate, Justice now sees the world from behind the barrel of a gun. She falls in with a handsome and mysterious miscreant as she attempts to carve a place in the ruined world and search for her lost sisters. But when her life of crime catches up to her, Justice will learn the meaning of true love, and family ties.


Let's get to know, Ashlynn...


1.) What's your favorite genre to read and write?

Paranormal romance has been my favorite since my late teens. Give me a good hot romance with a witch, wolf, vampire, or demon any day of the week! Love it! I'm the world's most random girl, so I write a bunch of genres. The stories my muse wants me to write seems to be futuristic/science fiction romance as it's the bulk of my works in progress. I counted them the other day and wowza I've started a lot of stories in this genre! But the most fun I've had have had has been with my paranormal works.


2.) You have a lot of books coming out, where do you find the time to write?

I have traded in sleep for writing. I have two young kids and a full time job and a hubby so lots of life commitments pull me away from the computer. I've also given up most tv. I enjoy a few paranormal shows, but when most people are watching tv I'm writing.

 
3.) I see you have a STEAM PUNK romance coming out with Evernight Publishing. I've never read that subgenre. Can you tell us a bit about it?

Steam punk is great! I love this because I love history and science fiction. Any story set during the victorian era that combine elements of today's technology but created with materials that they would have had at that time is steam punk. It's original, fresh and exciting, I loved writing this story. I veered from tradition and instead of setting my story in England, it's set in Texas during the civil war.

 
4.) What's your flavor? Alpha male (Dominant, sexy, possessive) or Beta male (Attentive, flowers/candy, cuddles) or OTHER (explain)?

Alpha all the way, Baby! Whoot, I love a hero that knows what he wants and takes it. I don't know how well I'd like this in real life, I hate to be told what to do, but the fantasy of a hunk-a-licious hottie in control in both life and the bedroom really revs my engine. My heroines are always strong too, so my heroes really have their hands full!

 
5.) What are you working on now and what can we expect from you in the future?

I'm always writing. I try to write at least 1000 words a day. If I don't get my writing in I'm grumpy lol. I write seven days a week so expect to see a bunch more from me in the future. I'm working on a vampire steam punk set in London and I'm also working on another Paranormal YA series of short stories. I've got a bunch of futuristic stuff in the works. I had a eureka moment the other day and I'm hoping that this story is as good as it is in my head. It's going to do a paranormal time travel piece with a hero that I'm already half in love with! This story is going to be something different than my other works, but if it turns out half as good as it is in my head, it'll sell like hotcakes!

Thanks for joining me today, Ashlynn!


Ashlynn's WEBSITE

Ashlynn's BLOG

3 comments:

Sondrae Bennett said...

Nice interview. Ashlynn, what are the titles of some of your paranormals?

Julia Rachel Barrett said...

This book looks great! I can only imagine how busy you are!!!

ashlynn monroe said...

Thanks Sondrae! Here's the list ROFL I just started this year...LOL, Julia you are so right I have been busy! Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog. **Hugs** Ashlynn :)

Hidden Magic-June 2010-Wild Horse Press-Urban Fantasy Romance
The Mirage High series-August/September 2010 YA Paranormal-Wild Horse Press
Dark Miracle-August 2010-Wild Horse Press-Erotic Paranormal
Wild Hearts-October 5, 2010-Wild Horse Press-Paranormal Romance
Christmas in Redemption-December 2010-Wild Horse press-Paranormal Romance
My Soul to Keep-March, 2011-Wild Horse Press-Urban Fantasy Romance
Kiss Me, Kill Me, Bite Me-July 2011-Wild Horse Press-Dark Paranormal Romance
Reality Stinks-2011-Wild Horse Press-Urban Fantasy Romantic comedy
Blood and Bondage-Sept 2010-Paranormal erotic romance
The Mirage High Series 2010-Wild Horse Press-YA paranormal romance anthology of short stories.

Chemical Lust-July 2010-Cobblestone Press-Science Fiction Erotic

Passion's Escape-July 2010-Silver Publishing-Science Fiction Erotic
Lost Heart's-July 2010-Silver Publishing-Science Fiction Erotic
Wish-August 2010-Silver Publishing-Urban Fantasy Erotic
Just One Night-October 30, 2010-Silver Publishing-Paranormal Romance
Mistletoe and Vampires-December 4, 2010-Silver publishing-Paranormal Romance

Love Factory-August 2010-Wicked Nights-Science Fiction Erotic
In the Machine-September 24, 2010-Wicked Nights-Science Fiction Erotic

Blood Kin-Fall 2010-Keith Publications-Paranormal Romance
The Templar Vampire Series-coming soon-Keith Publications-Paranormal Romance

Fallen Angels-October 2010-Evernight Publishing-Steam Punk Romance
Protector Mine-November 2010-Evernight Publishing-Paranormal Romance

Dream Mists-Fall 2010-Willow Moon Publishing-Paranormal Romance

Related Posts with Thumbnails