Thursday, September 2, 2010

Welcome Guest Blogger: Author Lila Munro

Welcome, Author Lila Munro!


Find her books HERE


Blurb from Bound by Trust:

The Widow


After her husband Gage is killed in combat, Madi Melbourne finds out just how hard being a widow can be. She’s been left destitute piecing together a life she never knew Gage was living, and as the puzzle takes shape she begins to fall apart.

Her Savior

Rafe McCarthy has always been known as the unit playboy. Having never married and childless he finds himself examining his life and looking at the what-ifs, then a beautiful widow moves in next door and he begins to discover something he never knew existed inside of him.

Learning to trust…

How can he convince her to trust again and place that trust in him? Will he be able to live up to the responsibility he has taken in teaching her love again?


Lila Munro is a writer of contemporary romance currently residing on the coast of North Carolina. She is currently under contract for two novels with Wild Horse Press, and a third with Whiskey Creek Press. When she’s not writing, she enjoys reading everything she can get her hands on, trips to the museum and aquarium, taking field research trips, and soaking up the sun on the nearby beaches. She loves to hear from her readers.



Let's get to know, Lila...



1.) What is your favorite genre of romance to read and write?

My favorite genres to read are contemporary and historical. I do love a good highlander fix. As far as writing, so far I’ve only written contemporary erotic. I write what I know, so I never run out of ideas that rotate around military heroes and the women they love. However, I recently undertook a joint effort and wrote a short paranormal romance for a Christmas anthology. The book is written with four other authors from Wild Horse Press and is set in a mythical town called Redemption. We are now in the process of writing a sequel to be released around Valentine’s Day. Paranormal is very fun for me to write, but I feel much more comfortable in my contemporary world and will stick to that as my main focus.



2.) Do you plot or let your characters lead the story?

My method is a strange combination of both. I initially sit down with my characters and design a basic plotline and outline the events as I see them unfolding. However, along the way I learn more about my characters, their feelings, and their personalities and my story line often takes twists and turns that I never anticipated during the conception stage. I would say my characters and I share half ownership of who is in charge.



3.) Tell us about the perfect hero. Is he alpha or dominant, tender and attentive, or a mixture of both?

I love heroes that are alpha on steroids, but they are rarely overbearing in my world. They know when to be demanding when it’s required and when to pull back and be tender when it’s appropriate. I feel I really was able to convey that through Chase, the hero in The Executive Officer’s Wife. As hard as he tried to stay aloof and focus on protecting Libby without feeling, his heart just wouldn’t let him. Although he was a total alpha he knew when to let the tenderness shine through in order to get Libby to do what she needed to in order to stay safe.



4.) Do you have an e-reader? What do you think of the e-book revolution?

Yes, I have an e-reader. I own a Kindle. I love it because being in the military, in order to see our families we often have to travel for hours on end in the car. With the Kindle, I can load it before we leave and read all the way there without having to carry a big bag of books. I can also download on the way if I want something different or run out of anything to read. The e-book revolution has it’s good and bad points just like anything else in life. On the one hand it’s given voice to so many writers that might not otherwise have had a chance to shine. There are so many good stories out there just waiting to be heard, but just haven’t floated to the top of the crème de la crème pile yet. On the other hand, it has also allowed a flooding of the market of shoddy work and horrible stories that should have been left off the editor’s desk. It is my fear that because of this, e-book writers may someday earn a reputation for trashy work and the industry may take a nose dive because many will decide small publishers aren’t worth their dollar. This may at some point cause the market to swing in the direction of shoppers returning to hard shelved stores to buy from the companies they’ve known for years and know they can depend on for a quality read. I think it’s a great venture, but has a lot of growing to do yet and the bar should be set high so we are taken seriously.



5.) What are you working on now and what can we expect from you in the future?

The Executive Officer’s Wife of course released August 10. It is set in Jacksonville, NC and rotates around the military community based there. The heroine, Libby Calhoun, is the daughter of a USMC sniper being held captive. Chase Wayland, the hero, is a former marine turned bodyguard who has been charged with her safety. The road to a happily ever after is a bumpy one for them and is filled with twists, turns, and plenty of surprises. In October, my second novel will come out through Whiskey Creek Press. It’s called Bound by Trust, and, although it is still rotates around a military hero, the heroine has a much bigger problem than Libby Calhoun did. She’s a war widow faced with more baggage than coach has on the market. Her hero, Rafe, thinks he has what it takes to help her, but he’s faced with some serious decisions of his own and questions if he is the one that can teach her to trust again. I have tons of stuff simmering away on my literary stove top. My main focus right now is a series called The Sergeants of Lima Co. It’s about three marines who each find who they believe to be the girl to fulfill all their fantasies before they deploy again. The problem is these women not only come with more problems than can be counted on both hands, they worm their way into these boys’ hearts. I believe these books will live up to the standards and expectations my reader’s have, spicy, monogamous relationships with plenty of conflict and happily ever afters.


Thanks for having me today Stacey, it’s been fun chatting.


Other books by Lila Munro:

WEBSITE

FACEBOOK

Thanks for joining me, Lila!












1 comments:

Julia Rachel Barrett said...

Fascinating interview. I can see why you love your Kindle - my hubby loves his! I'm with you - need a good Highlander fix now and again!

Related Posts with Thumbnails