Thursday, September 30, 2010

Welcome Guest Blogger: Author Luxie Ryder

Welcome, Luxie Ryder!


Find her books HERE


Blurb from Sacrifice:

All Hallie Matheson wants is someone to rent her apartment. What she gets is the handsome and wealthy, Ethan Butler. They hit it off instantly and Hallie thinks she has found a lifelong friend, until she tries to explore the sexual tension between them. Ethan rejects her and then avoids her for months, leaving Hallie confused and hurt.
 Until one fateful night she finds Ethan collapsed and near death on her door-step.
 Ethan has spent the last few years investigating vampires, until a sudden attack ends his mortal life. Now, he has even more reason to avoid Hallie, despite his desire to have her. Her continuous presence sparks a desperate hunger within him he can no longer control. No sooner has their affair begun when his worst fears are realized.


Desperate to do anything to keep her alive, Ethan vows to make the ultimate sacrifice.

 
Let's get to know, Luxie...


1.) Congrats on your release coming out tomorrow! Where did you get the idea for, Sacrifice?


Sacrifice came about from a desire to write about an ordinary man in extraordinary circumstances, and how the ordinary woman he is in love with copes with those circumstances! Most vampire stories seem to be uber-cool and ultra sexy and I just wondered how normal, everyday people would cope with the changes that becoming a vampire would bring. As a writer, I don't have to simply wonder - I can create the world and choreograph the events myself! Of course, Ethan and Hallie still set the page alight but some of that heat comes from their natural sexual chemistry, not just supernatural influences.



2.) When you get good reviews and/or reader feedback, how does it make you feel?

Good reviews and/or feedback are greatly appreciated. Unless a person writes a story themselves, for their own preferences, no book is ever going to be a perfect match for the reader. So, if they have taken the journey with me and trusted me to entertain them for a while, it makes me very humble. To hear that they are actually pleased they took the journey, is wonderful.



3.) Your erotic scenes are scorching hot! What elements are important in writing a good sex scene?

My unofficial motto is 'Sexy Stories for Real Women', and the reason I chose it is because I like to write realistic sex scenes. If I read a story were the female protagonist is thrown into ecstasy by the tiniest amount of sexual attention from a man, then I lose interest. I hope the people who read my stories can feel the tension building and find the inevitable release of all that sexual energy believable.



4.) Do you see e-books as the wave of the future? Do you own an e-reader?

I don't own an ereader yet! It's on my Christmas list. I don't read as much as I used to because I am almost constantly working on a story but, when I do read, I mostly do so online. Yes, I absolutely do believe that e-books are the future. I mean, as lovely as books are, you don't always have to wait to read the stories you are dying to get your hands on. E-books are immediate gratification and, spoiled as we are, most women love that!



5.) What are you working on now and what can we expect from you in the future?
 
I am working on the final edits of a full length vampire novel. It's done, dusted and waiting for a home. I'm not sure what to do with it yet so can't tell you where to keep an eye out for it. Besides that, I have my next novel coming out with Evernight - Dance Like Nobody's Watching - on the 27th October. My next project will be a contemporary modern romance with lots of hot men and a little bit of humour! I'm excited about the idea and can't wait to get started.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to talk to you today.


Find all Luxie Ryder's titles on her WEBSITE


Thanks for joining me today, Luxie!

4 comments:

nevealane said...

This is my favorite part of the interview
3.) Your erotic scenes are scorching hot! What elements are important in writing a good sex scene?

My unofficial motto is 'Sexy Stories for Real Women', and the reason I chose it is because I like to write realistic sex scenes. If I read a story were the female protagonist is thrown into ecstasy by the tiniest amount of sexual attention from a man, then I lose interest. I hope the people who read my stories can feel the tension building and find the inevitable release of all that sexual energy believable.

THIS IS SO TRUE... I love building to the moment, it is always a rush to get to the sex scene, but it takes finesse to do it perfectly. You are so spot on in this interview.

Julia Rachel Barrett said...

Love your philosophy! Real sex for real women - great! The book sounds scorching!

Sherry Gloag said...

I enjoyed your comments and exploring how normal people feel when they turn into vampires.

Luxie Ryder said...

Thanks for the interest guys and to Stacey for hosting me.

I'd also like to give a shout out to Evernight! They have been great to work with and I am excited about our future together. Check them out!

Related Posts with Thumbnails