Welcome Guest Blogger - Author Gale Stanley

Welcome, author Gale Stanley!


Find her books HERE


Blurb from Silent Knights:

Paul Stanton thought he had it all, a great job, a beautiful condo and a stable relationship with his soul mate. When his lover dumps him for another man, Paul is forced to rethink his life. He visits his childhood home in rural Pennsylvania rather than spend the holidays alone in San Francisco. But only a few days with his family is enough to convince him that you can't go home again.



Paul leaves for the airport in the midst of a snowstorm. Stranded in the woodlands, a chance meeting between him and a hunter is his only option for survival. He knows the type. A backwoods bigot like the men he grew up with. But what choice does he have? A few days with the Mountain Man convinces Paul there's more to Andy Reynolds than meets the eye. But is it enough to bind two men who have nothing in common except their sex?


Let's get to know, Gale...


1.) Was is difficult moving into M/M and menage writing, opposed to traditional M/F?


No, it really wasn’t hard at all. With me it’s all about the characters. Sometimes I have a character or two in mind before I know what their story will be. I like to write about people with traumatic pasts and conflicts. With MM relationships and multiple partners I can bring in more conflict and keep things interesting for the readers.



2.) Will you continue with your wolf shifter series? If so, where will it lead next?


I’ve already submitted book 3, which is Janis’ story, and I’m just waiting to hear from the publisher. It completes the trilogy and now I want to change things up with a new three-book arc. There will be new characters and settings, but I’ll bring back some familiar characters too.



3.) How long does it take you to complete a novel? Do you write every day?


I think CALL OF THE WILDS took me three years, because I was working a full-time day job, plus writing book reviews and short stories. Now that I’m writing full-time it goes much faster. I try to write everyday, but it’s not always possible. I just committed to National Novel Writing Month, a 50,000 word novel in a month, so I will have no choice but to write every day. I did it last year and it was great. I tend to edit as I go along and when you have to write by the seat of your pants it helps you get out of that editing mode.



4.) Where do you find the names for your characters?


Sometimes they pop into my head already named. Or I consider their physical appearance and personality when I name them. Usually there are only one or two names that fit. The surnames give me more of a problem because they have to sound good with the first names, so I might look on the internet. Behind the Name is a good site: http://surnames.behindthename.com/



5.) What are you working on now and what can we expect from you in the future?


I have two books coming out from Silver Publishing in January 2011. POINT OF BEGINNING and SOME LIKE IT ROUGH are part of a series called THE GENTLEMEN’S CLUB. I’m working on book 3, no title yet, and I have an idea for a sci-fi story that I’m saving for NaNoWriMo so that will keep me busy.

Thanks so much for having me today. And I want to thank the readers. You’ve all been great and I appreciate all the support and feedback.



Erotic Paranormal Ménage a Trois Romance, M/F/M, Shape-shifter, Bondage


Human contact is the last thing Sable wants, and the she-wolf lives wild to avoid any chance encounters. But when a hunter sees the beautiful woman transform into his quarry, she becomes fair game. Jude and his twin, Jonas, capture the feral creature and plan to tame the wild beast, but her mating frenzy ignites their lust and blurs the line between captor and captive.


The she-wolf can’t deny her attraction to the brothers, and their passion creates a strong bond that none are willing to accept. Sable has no desire for a pair of human mates, but destiny steps in, and she finds herself mated to men who only think of her as an animal. Suddenly, she’s in more danger than she thought possible, and the need to escape increases. But the bond between her and her captors is sealed, and she discovers surrender isn't necessarily a bad thing.


Find Gale Stanley online:



Comments

Corinne Davies said…
Those look like great books Gale! In need some new reading material and I have a monterously huge soft spot for werewolves. Between you and Stacy, I'm a happy girl this week. ;-)
Gale Stanley said…
There's nothing like a sex alpha male with that wolfish grin. Thanks for stopping by. Gale
Great interview! I'm so impressed at your dedication to your craft. I find your take on switching to m/m interesting. Yes, it's all in focusing on the characters.
Maeve said…
Great interview! I'd always wondered how difficult it would be writing M/M but I like the way you put it. It's all about the characters and of course, the relationships...no matter the gender...or species ;-)
Gale Stanley said…
Thanks for stopping by and thank you Stacey for having me today. I always love visiting with you and the readers.