Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Welcome Guest Blogger-Author Missy Martine

Welcome, Author Missy Martine!


Find her books HERE


Blurb from Denying His Wolfen Heritage:

Michael spent his adulthood taking care of his baby sister, pretty much putting his own desires on hold. Then Maddie fell in love and married, freeing Michael to have a life of his own.


He doesn’t think things can get any better. He’s a single, successful architect with his own firm, living and playing in downtown Houston. What more could he want out of life?


Just when he believes everything is perfect, Maddie shatters his illusions by revealing their family’s furry secret. Now his sister is growling and running around on four legs while trying to convince him he has an inner wolf of his own. And if that’s not bad enough, he’s falling in love with a woman who occasionally has more hair on her legs than he does.
So, what’s Michael’s response to all the changes in his life? He denies everything!


Let's get to know, Missy...


1.) Where did you get the idea for your Wolfen Heritage series? Will there be more books?

I had just finished reading “The Wallflower,” in the Halle Puma Series by Dana Marie Bell, and the idea of shapeshifters fascinated me. There is just something so romantic and erotic about a handsome man who can change into a fierce animal. My first book, “Table for Three,” had been a success and I was searching for a new idea for a second book. The challenge of writing paranormal was very appealing. I’ve always had a soft spot for wolves, and love the state of Wyoming, so my genre and location were easy. Then a new idea occurred to me. What if you suddenly found out you had something living inside you, another life force you never knew was there? That led me to develop the characters of Michael and Maddie, a brother and sister whose grandmother was a full-blooded shapeshifter. They only had a 25% chance of having wolves of their own. Once I’d created the characters from both families, it became obvious I’d need more than one book to get everyone’s story told. So, the series turned into a trilogy. Book 1 was "Discovering Her Wolfen Heritage," book 2 is "Denying His Wolfen Heritage," and book 3 is "Changing Their Wolfen Heritage." Book 3 will be released in November.



2.) Congrats on winning the HEA Reviews cover art contest. How important do you feel cover art is for ebooks?

I think the cover art for any book, whether it's eBook or print, can make or break the success of the book. No matter how good you write, or how interesting your story is, if you can't get people to buy it, it doesn't matter. When I'm browsing in book stores, or pulling up my favorites sites on the internet to see the new releases, I'm always drawn to the sexy, provocative covers. And I'll be honest, if the cover doesn't appeal to me I don't even bother reading the blurb.


3.) How do you choose the names for your characters?

In the beginning I just used names that I like. Since I began writing paranormal I've been searching through American Indian names for my characters. Books I have coming up have names for wolf, mountain lion and eagle shifters all based on Indian names for these animals. I tend to develop the type of character I want first, before I begin writing the story. That often leads me to a name that fits the person's personality.



4.) Do you like a long build up of sexual tension, or do you allow your characters to get physical early in your books?

I prefer the long build-up in the books I read as well as the ones I write. My mother-in-law gave me a wonderful compliment recently. She read "Discovering Her Wolfen Heritage" and said the sex in the book enhanced it, but the book wasn't defined by it. Pretty cool compliment coming from an 85 year old woman! I think, just like in real life, getting there is half the fun. It's exciting to identify with the heroine as she's seduced into a new relationship. Much more erotic than if you have them stripping off before the end of the first chapter.



5.) What are you working on now and what can we expect from you in the future?


I'm just putting the finishing touches on the sequel to "Table for Three" titled "Catch Her When She Falls." I'm working on a time-travel historical series called "Doors into the Past" which will have 3 books. I also have working outlines for a paranormal romantic thriller called "Screams on the Mountain," a ménage romance titled "Spaced Ordered Bride," and a M/M/F ménage titled "Baby Makes Four." I usually keep several books going at once at any given time. It's kept me from getting writer's block. If I get stuck, I just move on to another one of the books I have in progress.


Thanks so much for letting me tell a little about my work. It's been a pleasure.


Find Missy Martine online:


3 comments:

Julia Rachel Barrett said...

I'm in love with your mother-in-law! Good for her! You are such a prolific writer - I'm so jealous!

Missy Martine said...

Thanks for the kind words, Julia. I appreciate you taking the time to stop by.

Missy Martine
www.missymartine.com

Gale Stanley said...

Great interview Missy. I love the Wolfen Heritage series and I'm looking forward to more.

Related Posts with Thumbnails