Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Guest Blogger - Author Amanda Rose

Welcome, Author Amanda Rose!


Find her book HERE


Blurb from The Vessel:

Tortured and ruined for all women who cross his path, he still remains the most infamous seducer in a world filled with magic and creatures of myth. His one dream? To destroy the kingdom that took everything he ever cared for.

Abigail is everything a man could ask for. She’s sweet and charming, with a little bit of New York flair. She soon realizes her love for a gorgeous prince is the worst decision of her life, and she spirals to new levels of depression. After her kidnapping, it seems her fate is doomed, but she cannot fight the feelings that lurk beneath her conscience. This tortured man who stands before her, offers freedom like she has never felt with another. But will it be enough to erase her past?


Trauco’s love goes no further than the women from which he steals. That is, until he sets his heart on the wrong kind of target. Will he finally fall like the others and take on a vessel, or will his battle for vengeance continue?
 
 
Let's get to know, Amanda...
 
 
1.) Where did you come up with the idea for THE VESSEL?



The Vessel came to me in pieces. I was reading a book one night sitting on the couch and as my eyes drifted over the words, I started thinking about this awesome scene. I explained the scene exactly as I saw it in my head to my fiancé and he just loved it. As I thought about the characters more and more their world just opened up to me. I could see it so clearly that it was actually a challenge to get it all down on paper. After a few months of jotting down notes and little tidbits of information I had The Vessel in the making.



2.) Why paranormal romance? What is the lure of this popular sub-genre?


I believe when a story comes to a writer it doesn’t really matter what the subject is about, they just have to write it. Paranormal has really exploded over the last few years (I’m sure I don’t need to tell any of you this.) But this story just called to me. Before I went to bed and I would close my eyes I would picture their world, or while I was walking down the street I would see people that could pass for something other than human. That’s the fun part, because it’s not real (or at least that we know of) anything is possible, your imagination is not at the mercy of facts or truth.



3.) Where do you plan to take your series next? Will we see the same characters again?


The series is far from over. I have up to the third book planned out. You will see the characters again and will even find out more and more about the characters I started the series with. I know as an avid reader I like to see what happens next to those characters you fall in love with and I will not deny my readers the same. You just never know when someone new will turn out to be someone from the past. *wink*



4.) What are your thoughts on the ebook revolution? Do you have an ereader yourself?


I’ll be the first to say I hated the thought of not holding onto a book while I read, then I got a kindle for Christmas. I now choose buying books on my kindle first before I go out and buy it for the bookshelf. Space is a bit of an issue in my girl cave and if I put every book I’ve read in the last year on a shelf I don’t think I’d have room for me or my computer. The text to speech is awesome in my car since I have a long drive to and from work. People in the car next to me think I’m a bit crazy when I’m screaming or cheering at the top of my lungs but hey, whatever.



5.) What are you working on now and what can we expect from you in the future?


Right now I am between four different projects. The first one that I'm writing is with Jennifer Salaiz and will be wrapping up and going into the editing process very soon. The next is the second book in the Kingdom Series which, as of now, will be called Torn from Darkness. The third is a very emotional book for me to write. I have been taking a lot of breaks from it because it is very difficult to write when you’re crying all the time. The last is my fun little Novella that I’m about halfway through. It’s just something fun I started writing on my phone one day while waiting in line. I think anyone who likes my sense of humor will absolutely adore this book.


Thank you Stacey for taking the time to speak with me today. Kiss kiss love love.
 
 
Thanks for visiting me, Amanda!  Your cover is smokin' and the book sounds amazing!  Love me some paranormal goodness :)
 
 

4 comments:

A.D Blackburn said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this gal and this book! Can't wait to read more!

Jennifer Salaiz said...

Great interview!! :) Love you, Manda!

Julia Rachel Barrett said...

I think it's very cool that you're willing to take a chance on writing heartbreak - not all peaches and cream. Good luck!

lizarnoldbooks said...

Nice interview!

Related Posts with Thumbnails