Welcome Guest Blogger: Missy Martine

Welcome Author Missy Martine!

Find her books HERE


Blurb from: Catch Her When She Falls

Serena Dammler is recovering from a savage beating and needs protection. Cowboys and lovers Marc Weller and Tony Estabon are taking jobs as bounty-hunters, and their newest assignment is to capture her attacker and return him to Texas. They take one look at Serena’s fragile beauty and decide she’d be the perfect third to their family.


Serena’s always dreamed of catching herself a rich man, and she’d do just about anything to make that dream come true. She’s not going to allow herself to fall in love with her two cowboy protectors, no matter how sexy they are.

Marc and Tony want Serena as their third, but they want her love to be real and not based on their bank accounts. So what will it hurt if they take her to a little cabin on their ranch and pretend to be simple cowboys?
 
 
Let's get to know Missy...
 
 
1. What inspired you to write a sequel to Table for Three?
 
One of the pivotal antagonists in Table for Three is a feisty little secretary named Serena Dammler. She's one of those love-hate characters you just can't make up your mind about. In Table for Three she's left in a compromising position that left readers wanting to know more. To be perfectly honest, I hadn't meant to leave anything up in the air for people to wonder about. When I got so many emails, wanting to know what happened after she made a particular malicious phone call in the story, I knew I had to satisfy everyone's curiosity. Surprisingly enough, there's a character in Catch Her When She Falls that just begs for her own story to be told so I don't think you've seen the last of these characters.
 


2. What is your favorite part when writing a ménage?

I enjoy using dialog to help develop the relationships between the characters. There has to be subtlety in bringing them together, finding ways for them to get past their initial reluctance of doing something so out of the ordinary. I prefer my stories to have the characters drawn to each other despite their inner misgivings, having the lovers come together against the odds. Of course the sex is extremely important, and interesting to write, but you did ask my favorite part :)



3. Do you read and write everyday? How long does it take you to finish a novel?

Yes, I read and write everyday. No matter how much I'd love to drop everything and concentrate on just my own writing, I have certain favorite authors that I purchase and read each and every one of their releases. I start all my books with a detailed outline and that sometimes takes a couple of weeks since it includes all the research I do an any story. One the outline is complete, I can finish an 80,000 word book in about 3 weeks. I know that's a lot slower than a lot of my colleagues, but it's about as fast as I seem to be able to go. I also tend to work on more than one piece at a time and that slows me down a little. I've usually got at least two books going at once, and right now I've got three.


4. Do you prefer writing paranormal or contemporary? Will you try new genres in the future?

My favorite will always be writing paranormal. It's so much fun to be able to let you imagination run wild with scenarios that have no rules. There's nothing like creating new worlds, new aliens, and outrageous stories. You can't get that with contemporary. I'm pretty happy with what I write now and I can't see myself branching out into any other genres.



5. What are you working on now? What can we expect from you in the future?

Right now I'm finishing up a ménage M/M/F titled Anna Doubles Down. It's a paranormal time-travel back to the old west and has 2 sequels planned. I'm also working on a contemporary ménage M/M/F titled His First about a pair of men who hire a surrogate to have a child. And, last but not least, I've started a six part series titled Galactic Nuptials. It's about an organization that finds brides/mates for various planets or species that are short of females. The books take place on different planets with a variety of alien species with different stories to tell. Several of them are well underway with the following titles: Space Bride, My Chameleon Loves, and Meredith's Pride - the other three have yet to be named. There are also ideas, but not firm outlines, for a sequel to Catch Her When She Falls, and a continuation of the Wolfen Heritage Series involving their children. Actually, there is a character introduced in Changing Their Wolfen Heritage that has inspired 2 books - Screams on the Mountain and An Officer and Two Gentlemen hopefully coming out later this year. As you can see, I stay quite busy

I'd also like to mention that I have a new book coming out on April 15th with eXtasy books called The Magic in Her Gift. I'd love if you stopped by my website to read a little about it.

Thanks so much, Stacey, for letting me stop by and tell your readers about what's happening with my books. I've enjoyed it and I hope we can get together again.
 
 
 

Comments

Missy Martine said…
Thanks, Stacey, for letting me be a guest and tell everyone what I'm up to these days! It's been a pleasure and I hope we can hook up again in the future.

Missy Martine
www.missymartine.com
Chele Blades said…
great interview!! I am looking forward to many of your WIP and hope that there will be another sequel to Catch her when she falls with the daughter of their foreman...but hey His First sounds great too...love your work...both Missy's & Stacey's

Respectfully a fan
Julia Barrett said…
Hi Missy! Great interview and hot book!