Thursday, March 3, 2011

Welcome Guest Blogger: Berengaria Brown!

Welcome Author Berengaria Brown!


Find her books HERE


Blurb from Tempting Tenealle:

Continuously overwhelmed by an unending inundation of visiting cousins, Tenealle decides the only solution is to buy a bigger apartment. Evan's selling an apartment that is perfect for her. In fact, Evan and his partner, Faris, are perfect for her. How can she concentrate on renovating an apartment when she'd much rather be in their bedroom?


Evan has inherited his Great Aunt Enid's apartment and doesn't want to refurbish it, so is looking for a quick sale, even though his partner, Faris, can see its potential. They both see enormous potential in a relationship with the totally delicious Tenealle, despite her myriad cousins, too. But which cousin tried to harm her. And why? And what is the story about the fountain?


Let's get to know Berengaria...


1.) You write a variety of genres. What's your favorite?

I like them all. I read all sorts of genres, so that's what I write. I love the variety in romance. The Regency-set historicals take the most research, so are slower to write, but the world-building in the paranormals can be quite time-consuming too, as it's important that everything is logical and consistent.



2.) Do you believe frank language can add eroticism to a sex scene?

Yes, I do. I've never heard a real person say, “My purple-helmeted love soldier desires to encounter your rose-petal pink nether lips”. But plenty of people have heard a lover say, “Damn, honey, you're hot. I want to f**k you right now.”



3.) How much time do you devote to writing each day? Do you set goals for yourself?

Like with most authors, the day job is part of my life, so I write on weekends, holidays, and evenings. I do challenge myself to complete a chapter or set number of words, but the publisher's deadline is what really gets me typing faster.



4.) Have you written any non-erotic books? If so, is it difficult to tame your writing?

I have two non-erotic books, one is coming out at the end of March, the other is not quite finished yet so has not been submitted, and consequently may never see the light of day! And yes, when the main characters are alone in a room, if they aren't going to have sex, what do they do? It requires a lot more plotting to show the sides of the characters that would usually be displayed in a love scene.


5.) What are you working on now and what can we expect from you in the future?

I'm working on a traditional (sweet) Regency for a submissions call with one of my publishers.

I have an MMF ménage story coming out later this month, “Terracotta Warriors”. This is the first ménage I've written with two men, one woman and no MFM scene at all in it, so was something new for me. One of the heroes is the central character, not the heroine, and this is the way he wanted it.

My latest book out is “Tempting Tenealle”.



Visit Berengaria's WEBSITE and BLOG

5 comments:

Kate Hill said...

Enjoyed the interview! Berengaria, I just started reading your story Sappho's Sisters.

Berengaria Brown said...

Thank you, Kate, That's awesome.
And thank you, Stacey, for inviting me over to your blog
Berengaria

J.Rose Allister said...

<>

ROTFLMAO!! I hadn't either until just now! Too funny, Berengaria. Cool interview.

Berengaria Brown said...

I'm glad you enjoyed it. Thank you for coming by, Jade
Berengaria

anny cook said...

Purple helmeted love warriors? OOooooh. I remember the days... heh. That Terracotta Warriors book sounds good! I bet he doesn't have a purple helmet, either!

Related Posts with Thumbnails