Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Welcome Guest Blogger: Carolyn Rosewood

Welcome author Carolyn Rosewood!




Find her books HERE




Blurb from The Last Soul:

Faina has been dead for one hundred and fifty years, but she’s about to become human again. All she has to do is seduce Jace Blackmon, the most honest financier ever to grace the city of angels, into signing away his soul.

Jace Blackmon has fallen in love with his fantasy woman. But when he realizes she was tricked by a demon to bring about his ruin, including the revelation of a long-buried secret to the media, he must choose between his heart or life without her.
 
 
Let's get to know Carolyn...
 
 
1.) I love your cover and your editor raves about your book! Tell us a bit about how The Last Soul came to be.

The Last Soul grew out of an informal challenge thread on Litopia.com, where my editor Emma Shortt is a moderator. It started as a 1000 word erotic horror, then when Emma showed interest in it, we emailed back and forth about making it a paranormal romance for Evernight. I have a fascination with demons and wanted to write something dark and totally out of my comfort zone.


2.) Are you a big paranormal romance reader? Is it your favorite genre to write?


I read all genres and have written contemporary in the past, but my first love always has been paranormal. I'm going to stick with it.



3.) Do you write each day? If so, how many words do you manage to get down?


I wish I had time to write each day. I work a full-time job outside the home so the bulk of my writing is done on weekends. When I can manage to get some done on weekdays, it's in bits and pieces. I can't really say I do X number of words per day because every day is different.


4.) Do you feel author promotion is important in the ebook business?


Author promotion is key in the e-book business. There are no readers taking leisurely strolls through book stores, perusing the stacks. If they don't know your book is out there, they won't find it. And you don't have a lot of time to hook them. A great cover helps, but you have to pull them in further or they'll click to the next one.



5.) What are you working on now and what can we expect from you in the future?


I'm working on another paranormal novella called Hunted. It's going to feature Faina's best friend from TLS, Jahi, as the heroine. She's being hunted by a fallen angel, who incidentally used to be her guardian angel when she was alive. Our hero, Dagon, a Nephilim, has been hired to find this rogue fallen angel.


I'm also determined to finish my fantasy/paranormal romance, Crossing the Dark Moon. This is a full-length novel and takes place in a parallel universe. After that, I have ideas for other paranormal series.


Thank you so much having me on your blog, Stacey!

Carolyn's wicked hot paranormal romance comes out TOMORROW at Evernight!!!






5 comments:

Carolyn Rosewood said...

Stacey, thank you so much for having me here today!

Steve Emmett said...

Good to see you here Carol. See you tomorrow over at my place!

Kristabel Reed said...

This is the second blog today where I've read about a group I'm utterly ignorant of! I need to get out more...

You do have a great cover and the story sounds hot. I'm not really into horror, but then wouldn't really classify this as such. When I think horror I think Dean Koontz or Clive Barker.

I'll definitely have to check out The Last Soul!

Carolyn Rosewood said...

Thank you, Steve! :)

Carolyn Rosewood said...

Hi Kristabel, thank you so much, and I hope you enjoy it! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails