Welcome Guest Blogger: Kelly Yeakle

Welcome author Kelly Yeakle!


Find her books HERE


Blurb from Timeless:

Can true love last forever?

Gabriela Swanson wanted one thing, to be a well known writer at Graven, the most prestigious Goth magazine in the country. When an inside source gives her the opportunity of a lifetime, she finds herself in a hostage situation with a man who claims to be her soul mate.

Kane Barringer is a vampire who's lived for centuries. Every century is spent waiting for his soul mate, but this time he's vowed to live the rest of his existence without her. A strange twist of fate gives them the opportunity to be together forever, but will Gabriela embrace it?



Let's get to know Kelly...


1.) Timeless deals with vamps and undying love. What inspired you to write it?

I read a lot of paranormal romance, and vampires have always been an interest of mine. I wanted to write something that put my own twist on a vampire human relationship. I also wanted to add a magical element to the story and that's where the fabulous necklace comes into play.




2.) Do you usually write in first person? What works best for you?

Normally I write in third person, but I had a lot of fun putting this story into first person. It allowed me to really become Gabriela and express what she was feeling. I'm working on something now, bringing a character or two from Timeless into the story and it is a mixture of first person and third person.



3.) What makes a hero desirable to a reader? Is he a bad boy? Does he treat his woman like a queen?

 I think every hero is different. I wanted Kane to look like a bad boy but be a hopeless romantic. I'd like to think I pulled that off :)



4.) How long have you been writing?

I started writing poetry in high school. It was a great way to express what I was going through. I've always dabbled in fiction, but never took myself seriously. Then two summers ago I met a friend who inspired me to pick up the writing stories again. I wrote everyday until I had completed a full length novel. When that one was finished, I got the inspiration for The Legacy Keeper's Treasure and wrote it in about 3-4 months. I polished it and subbed it. It was my first release last August with Decadent Publishing.



5.) What are you working on now and what can we expect from you in the future?

I just finished writing a lesbian romance. It was a challenging project for me, but I think the result is fabulous. It's in the hands of an editor friend and I hope to sub it out within the next month, once its all polished and pretty! Now I'm working on a vampire story that could be considered the follow up to Timeless. These characters have definitely been pulling me in some crazy directions, but the story itself will be amazing when complete.


Big thanks to Stacey for letting me stop by today!
 
 
Visit Kelly's BLOG and WEBSITE!
 
 
 

Comments

This looks awesome, Kelly! Congrats on your release!