Vacation Countdown...3, 2, 1


It's been a long time coming, but we're finally going on a family vacation in February 2012. We'll be traveling to Cuba for one week and I can't wait!  Our nineteen year old son wasn't going to come along with the six of us, but told us that he'd come last night. I'm thrilled that all five of our kids will be with us. The next vacation will likely be me and DH sneaking off together alone.

DH and me have been married for 19 years and have never been away together. Even our honeymoon was a local Holiday Inn and nothing spectacular. The only times we've been away from home was a short trip to Niagara Falls and our roughing-it camping trips. It will be cute to see our kid's reactions to being on a plane for the first time, swimming with dolphins, and the all-you-can-eat buffets.

We've got all the kid's passports done, including mine. I've been around Canada and to the US, but the last time I flied, you didn't need a passport, just your birth certificate. Boy, have times changed in the last decade.

I will likely bring my laptop to write at night so I don't get too behind on my deadlines. But I plan to fully enjoy my stay. I'll be uploading a ton of pics to my blog and FaceBook when I return. Be warned!


Comments

loves to dive said…
Sounds like fun, I didn't think Americans could visit Cuba. That will have to go on my list for dive spots.
Julia Barrett said…
Oh wow! I want to hear all about your trip. Cuba is one of the places I want to visit.
Stacey said…
loves to dive: I'm from Canada, so we have no restriction like you guys.

Julia: Thanks! I'm excited :)

Stacey xo