Thursday, April 19, 2012

Guest Blogger: Lea Barrymire


Tell us about your latest book? 

Maggie’s Abduction released, April 19th. It is a sci-fi/ futuristic story about a human woman, who is kidnapped, and finds herself given to an alien as a plaything. She wakes tied to a warrior’s bed, naked, and warned to submit.

 Blurb: Maggie's night couldn't get much worse. She’d been dragged by her best friend to a bar to meet a blind date. Then, things do worsen when she’s drugged, and wakes to find herself on a ship as a sexual submissive to a massive, feline humanoid. After being stripped naked, and terrified, she wakes tied to a bed. Raharan, the golden-eyed alien, is a prisoner of war and is given Maggie as a distraction to keep him docile. She finds that being submissive to him opens her eyes to love and a side of herself she didn’t know she had. When more of his kind attack the ship to free their brethren Maggie is coveted by another. Will she be destined to act as the slave for another, or will Raharan find and save her in time?

Plotter or Pantser? 

I am definitely a pantser. I tend to write out a loose overview of a book with plots and important points that I want to hit, but usually the characters scoff at my notes and take the book the way they want it to go. If you took a picture of your favorite writing location, what would I see? Well, right now you would see a half-full coffee cup, bag of Easter candy and a pile of notes. I tend to write at my desk because it’s the best way to spread out my stuff. If I can escape from the house I like to sit at a little coffee shop in town with my laptop and a mocha latte.

Who are some of your favorite authors? 

 I would have answered this differently a year ago, but since my Kindle I have become a proud owner of lots of erotic romance. My absolute favorite authors now are Cherise Sinclair, Eve Langlais, Laurann Dorhner, JR Ward, Karen Moning, and Jeaniene Frost

What are you currently working on? 

Currently I’m working on the second book in my Willie Krenshaw series. The first book, Half in Love, releases May 15th from Siren Bookstrand. The series contains lots of vampire and shifter yumminess. The second book, Half Insane, takes Willie’s friends on a roller coaster ride of loving, fighting and kidnapping. They are some of my favorite characters to work with because they are just so quirky.

What’s the coolest thing you’ve ever done? 

When I was in high school I worked for a timber wolf rescue group. I was one of the first humans to be accepted into the “pack” of pups. I also spent almost every day, after school, cutting up road kill to feed to the wolves! Gross, I know, but it was truly an awesome experience.

What do you do when you’re not writing? 

 I work from home as an educational consultant, homeschool my middle school daughter, ferry three children around to all kinds of things, and well, try to stay sane.

How can you fans find you on the net? 

 Email: leabarrymire@gmail.com
 Blog: leabarrymire.blogspot.com/
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003345606320
Twitter: @leabarrymire

Thank you so much, Stacey, for having me on your blog.

1 comments:

Me: said...

Stacey, thanks again for having me on your blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails