Guest Blogger: Isabella Olivia Ellis!

Please welcome Isabella to my blog!

The first book in her new vampire series was just released from Evernight.




There are several things I loved about writing The Vampire’s Bride (and the sequel, The Vampire’s Second, which releases in June). The beauty of vampires is their extreme versatility. Think back over the ages. How many different kinds of vampires have existed in novels and movies? How many different eras have they been placed in? With The Vampire’s Bride I chose to set my story approximately in the French Revolution time period. However, I also wanted the freedom to create my own rules and customs. Rather than be restricted by French or English etiquette of the time, I instead made up fictional equivalents. These are the countries of Scollfyld and Bernehart featured in the novella. Still, there was research required. I can’t count how many times I had to search odd phrases such as “1700s slang for vagina” or “When were forks invented”. It was definitely been an interesting experience, and I’m not sure if I can go back to writing contemporary tales.
Thank you for taking the time to read this, and I hope you enjoy The Vampire’s Bride.


 
BLURB:

“The Vampire’s Bride, takes place in the fictional country of Scollfyld during the 18th century. A decades old prophecy deems that the countries of Scollfyld and Bernehart will be united by the marriage of the Crown Prince Sloane Vaughan (of the royal vampire family of Bernehart) and the Chosen. The Chosen is a virginal girl of noble blood from Scollfyld who was born in the year 1761. The Prophecy states that the Chosen will stand by the Prince as he unites countries and leads an empire, but stipulates that if the marriage does not happen, then the rival vampire clan of the Scarclyfs will reign. Lady Caroline Haley is selected as the Chosen, but she struggles with this. Will she accept Sloane as her husband? And will she be strong enough to withstand the danger that being the Chosen puts her in?”

LINKS:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Evernight's 5th Birthday Blog Celebration!

Evernight's Holiday Hangover Hop

Evernight Celebrates 4 Years of Publishing!